ICSE CLASS 9 AND 10
SUBJECT CHOICES OFFERED FOR ICSE DURING THE YEAR 2011-2012
Revision 00; 02.12.2010
The subject combinations offered by our school for Classes 9 and 10 during the next academic year, 2010-2011, are indicated below. You will observe from the data given below that OIS offers substantial flexibility to the students to choose the subject combinations depending on their aptitude and interests. Please indicate the subject combination your child wishes to opt for at the earliest.
AAA. GROUP I: COMPULSORY SUBJECTS-FOUR
1. 1ST LANGUAGE - English
2. 2ND LANGUAGE – HINDI
3. HISTORY, CIVICS AND GEAGRAPHY
4. ENVIRONMENTAL EDUCATION
BBB. GROUP II: OPTIONAL SUBJECTS:TWO SUBJECTS TO BE CHOSEN
2. SCIENCE: PHYSICS, CHEMISTRY AND BIOLOGY
3. ECONOMICS (NOT WITH GIII 2)
4. COMMERCIAL STUDIES (NOT WITH GIII 3)
5. COMPUTER SCIENCE (NOT WITH GIII 1)
6. ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE (NOT WITH GIII 4)
CCC. GROUP III: OPTIONAL SUBJECTS: ONE SUBJECT TO BE CHOSEN
1. COMPUTER APPLICATIONS (NOT WITH GII 5)
2. ECONOMIC APPLICATIONS (NOT WITH GII 3)
3. COMMERCIAL APPLICATIONS (NOT WITH GII 4)
4. ENVIRONMENTAL APPLICATIONS (NOT WITH GII 5)
6. PERFORMING ARTS
8. PHYSICAL EDUCATION
The actual possibilities will depend on the number of students who opt for the different combinations and the feasibility of time table preparation for the concurrent conduction of the classes.
The school will guide the students on which subjects to choose from but the final decision will be that of the parents and the students.
The subject choice needs to be made also based on the long term professional aims of the child. One should be able to develop the pre-qualifications required for the professional courses that one would like to pursue.